Beat the winter blues


I had to write a little blog today and tell you what a difference Olive Oil, Flaxseed Oil and Avocados have made to the way I feel. I feel full of energy, emotionally 'balanced' and RADIANT! I did feel low after Christmas and tired from the short days and cold weather. I have been taking the Solgar (www.solgar.co.uk) Flaxseed Oil capsules for nearly six weeks now. For the past three weeks, I have cut out red meat, cut out butter and been eating plenty of olive oil and avocados.

Olive oil is known to lower cholesterol levels in the blood, lower blood sugar levels and lower blood pressure. Olive oil is a major part of a Mediterranean diet, which could help explain why they are healthier and have fewer heart problems than us Westerners. Regardless, the changes I have made to my diet have made such a difference to the way I feel. My skin looks brighter and my hair is glossy!

Vegetable oils, seed oils and fish oils are ultra-good for us. Packed full of essential fatty acids, they help with a number of things ... skin, hair, nails, joints, depression, energy etc. etc. There are a number of different oils and the ones to go for are the ones with a high Omega 3 and Omega 6 content (many say Omega 3s are more important as this is what we don't have as much of in our diets). Flaxseed Oil is packed full of Omega 3s. I highly recommend making these changes but if you are going to take a nutritional supplement, make sure it is good quality (like Solgar, or Viridian). It will cost you more than the ones off the shelf in the supermarket but is well worth it. The better quality ones are purer and more easily absorbed into our systems.

Comments

  1. I think you've convinced me to buy some of the Solgar Flaxseed oil capsules. I could do with some of your energy and radiance. Just had a look at my Gilliam McKeith book, and she's a fan of flaxseed too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment